Over the past couple of months, Lorde has been super busy curating the soundtrack for ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.’ She’s been selecting and even lent a hand writing a couple tracks for the album. Well the big day has finally arrived when we can grab a peek at all of her hard work.
Along with curating the album, Lorde has also written and recorded two songs for the album, ‘Yellow Flicker Beat’ and ‘Ladder Song.’ Other artists who appear on the album are Charli XCX, CHVRCHES, The Chemical Brothers and Major Lazer, who’s track features Ariana Grande. On the album, is also a Kanye West Rework of ’Yellow Flicker Beat’ entitled ‘Flicker.’
‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1’ hits theaters on Nov. 21—that’s just eight days away. We highly recommend pre-ordering your movie ticket if you plan on seeing on the day of its release.
In part 1, Katniss Everdeen—Jennifer Lawrence—is in District 13 which was thought to be destroyed by the Capitol during the first rebellion. While here, she becomes a figurehead for their rebellion. She soon decides that she wants to fight to save Peeta.
We’re so excited, we can’t wait to see how this portion of the book comes to life.
Check out the track list below…
1. Stromae – Meltdown (feat. Lorde, Pusha T, Q-Tip & HAIM)
2. CHVRCHES – Dead Air
3. Tove Love – Scream My Name
4. Charli XCX – Kingdom (feat. Simon Le Bon)
5. Major Lazer – All My Love (feat. Ariana Grande)
6. Raury – Lost Souls
7. Lorde – Yellow Flicker Beat
8. Tinashe – The Leap
9. Bat for Lashes – Plan the Escape
10. Graces Jones – Original Beast
11. Lorde – Flicker (Kanye West Rework)
12. XOV – Animal
13. The Chemical Brothers – This Is Not a Game (feat. Miguel)
14. Lorde – Ladder Song